Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vote Yes on Prop 8

I attended a rally at the California State Capitol today in support of Proposition 8. You can learn more about it here. We've had a yard sign, and Bracken has gone out door to door to encourage people to vote for it (the problem being he went knocking doors with another young, well dressed man from the ward and people kept getting the wrong idea about whether or not Bracken and Shaun were for gay marriage). I haven't done much personally to show my support, so I felt like I should get out there today. As I was falling asleep last night, I thought to myself, "What would I say if someone were to interview me at the rally?" I wish now I hadn't fallen asleep so quickly.

Because if you hop onto http://www.kfbk.com/main.html and click on the listen live link right now, you just might hear me stating why I support Prop 8. I went with my friend Ashley, and as we were straining to hear just what the speakers were saying, I was approached by Bob Moffit and asked why I was there that day. I answered as best I could while juggling both my girls. I guess what I said was worth repeating. Pretty crazy.

4 comments:

Ruth Mannion said...

Apparently if they reair it, it will be around 10 after the hour. The second time I listened for it, they used someone else's quote, so you may catch it, you may not. I didn't actually hear it the first time, so I'm still trying to hear myself.

Xana said...

WAY TO GO! Logan called me on the way to the temple and told me that he hear a Ruth Mannion and would that be the same Ruth Mannion we know and love...must of been, sorry I missed it. Three cheers to our cute TV/Radio Celeb, can I get our autograph? :)

Sandy said...

So what did you say???

shaun said...

Thank you so much for referring to me as a "well dressed man." You have no idea how much that means to me. By the way, what are you insinuating about men who dress well?