Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I should keep better notes

I know it's been several weeks since I've blogged, and the kids have said and done many cute things, but I have no recollection of what they are. I tell myself I should write these things down when they happen, but then I'm sure I would lose my notes. Probably under my belly. The other day the remote disappeared under my belly, and when I moved, I changed the channel.

Fortunately I do have pictures of some of what we've been up to. Here are Addie and Parker on the green swing. Unfortunately, Addie is at the stage where she just looks a little special when you try to take her picture. We have on our fridge a picture of her that they took in nursery, and it makes us laugh every time we look at it because she just looks so "special." When Chloe was the same age, they didn't even post her nursery picture, it was so bad. Which is saying something since generally all the other pictures looked like it was a special ed nursery.
Josh, Chloe and Parker in the pool.
Cute little Parkeroni.
Cute kids running in the backyard.
A couple weekends ago we took the kids to Fairytale Town. It had been a while since we'd done anything fun with them on a weekend.
Addie just loves slides right now.
And Chloe has conquered her fear of them, too.
They loved watering Mr. MacGregor's garden.
Addie just kept filling her watering can.
Poor drowned plants.
Riding the horses at Cinderella's coach.
Addie in the cheese, standing alone.
Chloe exiting the Crooked Mile.
Then we took the girls on Pony rides. Chloe just loves it.
Addie was so excited until we put her on the horse. Then she wanted nothing to do with it. So I carried her and led the horse around the track. I think he knew things were a little out of control, because he did not want to go. Thanks a lot, Dusty.
That night Addie got her first haircut. She had quite the mullet going on, and looked pretty ragged all the time. I realized that since her hair certainly didn't make her look more feminine, I might as well just cut it off so she could at least look groomed.
She was surprisingly good during the process. I can't say it was the best haircut ever, especially after she moved while I was using the trimmers on her neck. But I do think she looks really cute in her "bob" now. I'll post pictures of the after later.
Chloe decided she also wanted her hair cut. She requested it be cut short so it wouldn't get tangled, but knowing how much my little sister regretted that choice growing up, I refused. I was still awfully nervous cutting it, though. It was the first time I personally have cut her hair.
I was also cutting with an injured finger. I had done some exploring in Addie's mouth, trying to determine if her 2nd year molars were coming in, and she clamped down hard. I was amazed at how much that little bite could hurt. It's the first time I've really been bitten by one of my kids.
A couple final pictures. This Saturday, Bracken and I were attempting to relax on the couch for a few minutes. We got up to find this in the hallway.

And this in the bedroom.
First thing I thought of when I saw the hall was how my youngest siblings used to empty the pantry and line all the cans up in a row down the hallway. Guess it runs in the family.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh, that was awesome:) Your kids are too funny! And you, my dear, are a very cute pregnant girl:)

Ruth M said...

Well thank you. It had been a few months since I'd seen full body shots of myself, so it took a little adjustment in my perception of myself to feel okay about it. I appreciate the support!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you guys are staying busy and having fun.
I agree--you look very cute pregnant :) I really need to do something about Elizabeth's mullet too--she just doesn't have much hair on the top yet, so she would be bald again.

Ruth M said...

At least you can get Elizabeth's into pigtails and it looks like it has some curl. Addie's was just superfine and straight.

Trent and Amber said...

ha! "special!" I feel like bringing in a picture of Megan to post on the wall in nursery and taking the other one down. I think she's a cute kid, but why is it they always manage to take awful-looking 'special' pics for nursery! :)