Sunday, April 1, 2012

Willows

Yesterday we packed up the kids in the stormy weather and headed to the Children's Discovery Museum in Sausalito. We had a pass that was expiring, and though we felt guilty about not being able to watch General Conference, it actually worked out really well. We listened to conference on the Mormon Channel, and the kids were actually much quieter in the car than they would have been in the living room.

Five umbrellas strong, we marched through the wind and rain into the art area. And then, when the kids were done in there, I looked outside and miraculously, the rain had stopped. We ran out to the playground. And saw this.

There was a new art installation by Patrick Dougherty, and it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

It wrapped and twisted, brown and green branches mixed together. Bare branches, leaves, and fuzzy pussy willows.


I think even Rosie was impressed.

Now I want to gather willows and build in my own yard.

No comments: