Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chloe and the Worm

The saga continues. I know at least one more worm who doesn't want to be her valentine. I was gardening yesterday and she was helping and we found another worm, probably the most active one we've seen. She picked it up and disappeared, and I promptly forgot all about it. I had a passing wonder about it as I was finishing up, but hoped that all my reminders about putting worms back in the dirt had taken effect.

I was wrong. Later that afternoon, Chloe said, "Worm, worm!" and pointed to the remainders of her breakfast bowl of cereal that I hadn't cleaned up yet. With fear, I asked, "Is the worm in your bowl?" and she said yes. I stirred around and found the dead worm under the remaining Cheerios. Gross and sad. I'm sure she was only trying to feed the worm, but it still resulted in his demise. Guess I'm going to have to supervise her worm wrangling a bit better.

2 comments:

Missy said...

AHG! That's totally gross. Love it!

Sandy said...

Oh, gag!! At least she didn't eat the worm!! Maybe it would be a good idea to hold off on reading "How to Eat Fried Worms" (or the movie) for a few years...just to not give her any ideas...:)