Friday, April 9, 2010

Remember St. Patrick's Day?


The night before St. Patrick's Day, we sat down to make our Leprechaun trap. We bought Lucky Charms to bait it with, which brought out the Irish appetite in all the Mannions.

Can I Lucky Charm you?
Oh, yes I can!
The girls got down to serious work.
And Daddy helped, too.
They set up the trap in a new spot.
And in the morning, there were green footprints!
And this little stinker. Why am I even trying to catch another leprechaun?
They followed the path . . .
all the way to the trap.
Rats! He got away again! But he did leave gold and movies and Irish potatoes.

Chloe didn't take the loss of the leprechaun lying down. Next year, leprechaun, next year.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

You're a good mama - and far more festive than me. Please don't tell my children that you did that for St. Patrick's day...I pretty much made enchiladas with GREEN sauce that night and called it good...