Sunday, November 29, 2009

Winter Wonderland

We went to Costco the other night to get our Christmas tree (Have I mentioned that we have the best Costco ever?). While we were in the store we heard mucho thundering and tied to tree to the top of the car while being rained on. Honestly, I was kind of enjoying the rain since it's about the only kind of winter weather we get around here.

However, as we were driving home, I started noticing what looked like snow on the side of the road. I mentioned this to Bracken and he just looked at me like I was crazy. I tended to agree with him, and speculated that it might be spilled styrofoam, or some sort of white debris. However, as we continued to drive, we continued to see white drifts on the shoulder. When we got home, we saw this on our roof.
And this on the ground.



It may just be hail, but it still counts as a Christmas miracle around here.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow...that's crazy! We got some last year, but don't think we'll get any this year.