Sunday, June 14, 2009

Size

I was sitting in church today on a chair so hard I was sure I would be limping the rest of the day. The 5 year old girl sitting next to me "whispered" to her mom, "Is she going to have a baby?" Her mom looked at me and I responded, "Yes, I am." The girl then leaned back to her mom and asked, "Is that why she's fat?" I about wet myself laughing. The mom was embarrassed, but we all have our turn. Just a couple weeks ago at church, as we walked by a large woman, Chloe asked, "Why is that lady so big?" It wasn't as easy to answer her.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Oh, Ruth and Chloe - Joey and I thank you for the good laugh. Bah-Ha-HA! Mmmmm, actually it might make me a little sad. Right after I had William, Sam kept patting my tummy and saying "baby?" Nope, no more baby. :)

Sandy said...

At least you ARE pregnant - I've gotten that question (many times) from children AND adults while most definitely NOT pregnant. It's not quite so funny, then...

The Odom Family said...

Oh my goodness! I am still blushing from embarassment!