Monday, August 10, 2009

Before I forget


Some recent gems from my children, the ones who can speak anyway.

While making pizza the other night, Addie scooped a giant pile of cheese onto the pizza, then cradled it in her hands, repeating, "My baby, my baby." That's my girl. She also kept referring to the toppings as "Roni pepper."

I was singing "Here Comes Your Man" as we cooked and Chloe picked up the refrain. However, when she sang it, it came out, "Your Dad is coming soon."

Chloe was singing "A Spoonful of Sugar" in the car the other day, and Addie was echoing "Medicine, down. Medicine, down." It was awfully cute until Chloe started screaming about how Addie was ruining her song.

We went over to Bracken's parent's for dinner last night, and had to wake Chloe up from a nap to load her in the car. She was plenty upset about being woken up, and many tears were shed. As she got out of the car, she started to get upset again because, "Mom, I was going to show Grandpa my tears, but now they're all dry."

Fortunately I don't think we'll be having more of these episodes because at one point today she informed me that she is a grownup, and later on she told me a story that happened to her "back when I(she) was a child."

Addie, on the other hand, promises to provide many more such outbursts, and will accompany them with a hand in your face, yelling, "No, no, no, no, no." I swear, she has never heard the phrase "Talk to the Hand," but we regularly get a flashback to the mid-nineties courtesy of Addie.

Tonight, we were hanging out outside a restaurant (where we had gotten 4 meals for the price of 1, thank you very much) and the kids were monkeying around. I told them it was time to go, and she said, "NO! I need MORE!" Her other favorite words right now are "anoder (another)" and "Tooooo (it has at least 2 syllables when she says it." Her vocabulary is rapidly expanding, and starting to include all sorts of names, but is missing the letter "C." Chloe=Hoe-ey, come=hum, etc.

It's very hoot.

No comments: