Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's working! Yesterday Chloe got herself to the potty several times after just starting to pee, and today she got herself there with dry panties, and no prompting! I'm so proud of her and so excited. But now I have to figure out how we go out in public. I guess I'm going to have to get used to visiting the public restrooms of every store we go to.

So, I went to the temple last night, and aside from the irreverence of having the potty song stuck in my head the whole time, I had a really nice session. My family made a plan to coordinate a temple session in commemoration of my mom passing away 8 years ago on January 14, so it was nice to know that though I'm a couple states away, we were all together. I also didn't remember until I was in the temple that I received my endowment ten years ago on the 14th. It was a good day to be in the temple, first time since Addie was born. I think for the next little while, Bracken and I will just have to split up for our temple attendance.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the temple so much, Ruth. I can see how your potty song would be distracting though...I'm not committing to learning that song quite yet. :) Love ya

Sandy said...

Has it really been 8 years? Wow - your mom is still on my Hero list:) Such a great lady! I'm glad you got to go to the temple - and lucky you that you live so close!! Congrats on the potty training! Sounds like Chloe "gets it". As for in public...you just have to make sure she goes before you leave and first thing when you get somewhere for a while until you trust her to hold for longer than 20 minutes and to tell you with ample warning that she has to go! Trips get a little interesting for a while, though...but before you know it that little bladder will hold steady and you won't have to plan your whole life around the potty!!