Thursday, March 27, 2008

Better day, thanks

Just wanted to send out a quick thank you for all the positive comments. I really am feeling much better today, and it never was a major thing in the first place. I think I just needed to write about it to sort it all out, and I also feel like sometimes its important to let others see our cracks. I get frustrated sometimes because I know we are all striving for perfection, but sometimes within (and without) the church, we feel like we need to show a perfect front all the time, and never let others see our weaknesses. And then we feel like we are the only ones with flaws because we are surrounded by all these other seemingly perfect people. So, I decided to let some of the weakness leak out.

So, though I wasn't trying to solicit compliments, they sure are nice to hear. Love you all.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I think everyone knows you weren't trying to solicit compliments...you just happen to have a lot of friends and family who would be willing to rough someone up behind the gym after school if they messed with you:)

Katie said...

Hi Ruth, I was just stalking your blog. Very insightful and TRUE! I really agree with what you said, and love that you have the guts to share when things are a little hard.

Getting over my perfectionist tendencies is going to be the hardest thing for me with this new baby, but just aknowledging that we have them, helps a lot!

Sarah Eagar said...

I sure do love you Ruth!! It is so funny how there are days where it just takes venting out our problems for us to feel a little bit better. I have had many days like your last posting and I love you all the more for sharing it. There is something so endearing about being real and refusing to always "be perfect." I know that you are...but it was nice to see that I am not the only one to struggle at times!! I love you dearly.