Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The belly strikes again

I was setting up for my Relief Society lesson on Sunday, when one of my Young Women came up to me. This particular YW is very young, and very talkative, and often speaks her mind with no self editing whatsoever. She began by telling me how much she missed me in Young Women's. I told her I missed being in there, too. She then asked if I'd had my baby yet. I looked down at my giant, taut belly, and laughingly said, "No, not yet." Her reply, "Oh, I just wondered if you were just still fat or something."

Good thing they announced a few minutes later that this was my last lesson before going on "maternity leave." I think maybe that means I can stop attending church until I not only have the baby, but also no longer look "fat."

In better news, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and have an induction scheduled for 13 July! I won't have to wait indefinitely this time for the doctors to finally believe me when I tell them I don't go into labor on my own. Hoooray!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

This is one of those times when, "You'll understand when you're older" rings so true.

Missy said...

I'm going to sit on her.

Sandy said...

OH, wow. You MUST not be pregnant, since you didn't deck her in a hormonal rage, haha:)

Jennifer said...

I'll sit on her with you Missy. Jeez. Get a filter.

Can't believe you're about to have that baby! July 13th is so close, bet your counting down the days.