Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Maggie's Blessing

On Sunday, 6 September, Bracken blessed our little girl. He gave her a wonderful father's blessing, and we were so glad to have so many friends and family members there to celebrate with us. Her full name is Margaret Melissa Mannion. Margaret plays tribute to my step-mom, Vicky, who's first given name is Margaret. Melissa does double duty. Not only does it acknowledge the wonderful person that is Missy, it also pays tribute to another Melissa who introduced Bracken and me. We're so lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives.
Me and my dear Missy. We had to make every hug count, cause we don't get to see each other nearly enough.
Addie had some great up close and personal time with her cousin Gillian.
What a cute little chunk-a-monk.

And a couple more cute girls.
My dad, as always, was like the pied piper with the kids. Every time we'd look over, more and more would be gathered around him.
The girls sure enjoyed spending time with Grandpa Geilman. They love him a lot, and so do I.

1 comment:

Missy said...

WE DO have to make EVERY hug count! Good point. Indeed.
Thank you so much again for inviting us out to your wonderful home. We had so much fun with you and your wonderful, wonderful family.
...and in case you forget I love your family. I do.