Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bad Blogger

I realize I am totally behind on the blogging. I've not posted pictures of visits from friends, Chloe's first Nutcracker performance, some very ugly sweaters, and a wonderful Christmas. I will do it, but not right now.

Right now I'm cuddling on the couch with a little girl with a cold, drinking her juice. A little girl who when I said, "Hi, cutie Addie!" replied, "Hi, cutie Mommy." And then I heard a snip and she gave her Christmas Barbie a haircut. (Note to self--find and hide all scissors. Somehow I knew Addie would be my cutter.)

I've got one girl at church with her dad, and one girl napping. I'm not feeling too guilty about sitting on the couch because I do have the first load of about 15 post-vacation laundry batches in the washer.

And I'm missing the rest of my family back in Utah so badly I can almost taste it. I just hate that I never learned to appreciate my family until I no longer live near them. Being a grownup is just so hard sometimes.

But now I'd better go because Addie is backing herself onto my lap, so I need to kiss her and love her before she is a grownup too. Because it really does happen just that fast.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Glad you had a good Christmas...I totally know what you mean on the missing the fam business! And when you have to actually DRIVE across all those states to get back to your house, you realize how far away you really are.

I hope everyone is feeling better soon and that Addie doesn't decide to give YOU a haircut while you're snuggling on the couch :)