Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Halloweenie

I do realize that it's still early September, and I'm way behind on blogging all sorts of other important things, but instead I'm starting some Halloween crafting. I wanted to make these last year, when I saw them on some cute crafting blog that I can no longer find (sorry, I can't give you credit), but never got around to it. And it has haunted me ever since. Which means it must be a really awesome idea.

You start out with some small animal statues. I got most of these at the Dollar Tree. I've also been hunting at garage sales, which is why you should get started now if you want to get these made before Halloween.

Now here's the tricky part. You spray paint them glossy black. I used the 98 cent spray paint from Walmart. Then you glue on red rhinestone eyes. Instant spooky little decoration. I know the pictures aren't great, and I haven't fully decorated for Halloween yet (I'm going to add some black painted branches), but I wanted to get the idea out there now.
And all these cute little pumpkins? Totally got them at the Dollar Tree too. I heart the Dollar Tree.

Next I'm going to start working on this.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Looks good! I can't believe you are thinking Halloween already! I can't think passed today!