Sunday, July 10, 2011

Some moments of late


It's been a while since I've blogged. We have been up to many things, most notably, moving from Citrus Heights to Concord. And let's not forget that I am still pregnant and woefully unmotivated. Today I felt very vindicated in my laziness, though, since my decision to not shave resulted in my wearing my longest and most attractive maternity dress, and my decision to put my wet hair up in a bun before bed resulted in nice wavy hair.

But, in an effort to overcome my blogging ennui, here is a collection of moments from our recent life that don't warrant a blog entry of their own. (And so you know, I just typed "glob" twice in a row while trying to type blog.)

Here is Miss Addie, very focused on a foam block sculpture. I was very impressed with the thought that went into her design.
Chloe has lost two more teeth, for a grand total of four. Now, I knew kids with missing teeth was cute. And I knew little kids with grown up teeth was not so cute, but a necessary part of growing up. However, I was totally unprepared for the awfulness of loose top front teeth. Chloe does not want any outside help with her teeth coming out, so those two front teeth got looser, and wigglier and moved around in her mouth. At times she looked liked Nanny McFee with one tooth peeking out from between her closed lips. I really couldn't look her in the face. Finally I convinced her to let me have one try, and I got the top right one out.
Yet still, that left one hung in there, pointing sideways at times. And she wouldn't let me touch it. I was awfully grateful for our 60 degree pool party with Josh and the monkey business that finally knocked that tooth out. Thankfully Chloe was not upset about losing her tooth to the depths of the pool. And the tooth fairy accepted her note in place of the tooth, although it took a panicked 5:30 am wakeup for the tooth fairy to remember her job.

My little toothless vampire in the pool. The first front tooth is making its way in, and looks like the poor girl will be inheriting my special front teeth.

This is a picture of the saddest end I've ever seen a ladybug come to, even worse than the weekly lawnmower massacres.

Why is it that a child who screams and fights to get out of her car seat for the entire trip, will refuse to get out of the car once we arrive at our destination?
Look, Mom. I helped Maggie get dressed! And I dressed myself!
Do not interrupt me when I'm reading.

Yes, I loaded up that truck and drove it 90 miles by myself. Because I'm nuts. And a bit of a Hoarder.
Chloe's last day of school. Awfully bittersweet. How dare she grow up so much?
Dear Maggie, thank you for being so entranced by the TV, for at least a few minutes, while I packed. P.S. You are cute.

"Mom, MOM!!!" calls Addie as I attempt to sneak off to the bathroom. "Maggie's dead!" In vain I scream back, "No she's not! DO NOT WAKE HER UP!" I return from the bathroom to find a very much alive, very sad Maggie.
Pretty solid photographic evidence that Maggie is her Daddy's girl. And still, very cute.
Our new back yard is significantly smaller than our old one. It also has significantly less grass. Like none. I made the mistake of setting up the wading pool in the dirt. Did you know that the dirt in Concord is much lighter and softer than the dirt in the Sacramento area and turns into great mud with very little effort?

I won't soon forget.

Addie thinks it makes a great facial.
I love that Chloe can read now. So does Maggie.

Our Lady of Perpetual Packing, as recreated by Addie. That's an upside down wall sconce with a washcloth wimple.
Gee, I wonder what Maggie would like for lunch?
Hopefully there will be many more blog entries to follow in the near future. And they may even have individual themes. Or, I may just take another nap.

1 comment:

The Bunker Family said...

Charlotte would LOVE your daughter's outfit. She doesn't let me give any fashion advice (which might be a good thing) and thinks multiple patterns on a single body is stylin'!