Friday, March 9, 2012

Urine my way

Last night I was woken up by a little knock at the door. On the other side was a very wet, very cold little girl who had saturated her bed during a nightmare, then kept sleeping until the chill woke her up. I stripped her sheets while repeatedly reminding her to be quiet because her sisters were still sleeping.

My warnings were in vain. One of the other sisters woke up. She emerged from her bed completely nude and urgently demanded she be taken to the bathroom. She did her business, we put her clothes back on, and I asked her to please not take them off again.

Bracken was woken this morning by the third potty trained daughter loudly doing her business. She may have been loud, but at least she went in the toilet. At least I think she did. I did find a large puddle of water on the floor this morning.

Shortly after that, I went in to smallest daughter to find that once again, perhaps because she had been up 5 times in the night, she had peed out her diaper and soaked her bed.

Our most recently potty trained child is in the phase of potty training where she has a lot of what I refer to as "Half-cidents." She knows when she has to go, and she can take herself to the potty in time, but she's a little over confident in her ability to hold it. She prefers to wait as long as she possibly can, necessitating a panty change at every potty break. Just now she threw herself into the screen door, yelling that she needed to go potty. As I opened the door, I watched the urine drip down her leg. I tried to convince myself that it was an improvement over the day before when she had taken off her panties during her playdate and peed on the patio rather than come inside.

I took her to the bathroom to finish the job. As we walked to the toilet I thought, "I've had about as much contact with other people's pee today as I can handle." Then I opened the toilet lid and found a pair of panties floating in the unflushed bowl.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Oh, boy. These are the stories to hold onto when the teenagers are crazy and mean.

I want to come see you... like soon.

annettetparrett said...

My oldest daughter was Notorious for seeing just how long she could hold it until she no longer could. Really, I think it is a girl thing. Parttially perhaps of our plumbing. My boys just pee in the corner of the back yard if they want. (Littler ones that is.) We girls don't have that convenience!

Rachel Vivian said...

I have to tell you how much I love your sense of humor! You are a wonderful woman and mother! I love it! Your girls are beautiful as well. Miss you and thinking of you!

-Rachel