Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thunderdome!

My friend Laura is doing my crazy diet with me.  We have also been exercising together to complement the diet, and our lives in general.  Mondays and Thursdays we go to our exercise class.  We've been trying to add in a walk on Tuesdays. 

Last week we headed out.  All of our children were in school except for our babies, so we decided to just load the two of them in the same stroller.  We walked around the park, enjoying the fact that we could walk side by side since we weren't trying to maneuver two strollers.  And when we got back to my house, this is what we had in our stroller.  Two sleeping buddies, all snuggled up. 

This Tuesday we headed out again.  Autumn got loaded in first, and excitedly motioned for Rosie to come sit next to her.  Oh, how sweet!  It looked like we were going to have a repeat of the previous week.  So we started off.  And so did the fighting.

Snacks were stolen, toys were snatched away.  They achieved a level of chaos in that stroller that I didn't think such little people were capable of.  There was so much screaming and tears.    The stroller had become the Thunderdome. I was starting to become really afraid that two toddlers had entered, and only one toddler would leave.  Laura and I each ended up carrying our children part of the way home because otherwise, it was not going to end well.  As it was, it left us reconsidering our decision to exercise, and more understanding of why we don't.

Later we blamed it on at least one child being tangry (tired and angry) or is it tingry?  I know I've spent a lot of time lately being hangry (hungry and angry), and quite often tihangry.  Hopefully I'll be over it by the time we head out on our Spring Break RV trip.  I don't want to be the cause of an RV Thunderdome.

No comments: