Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today I would rather

Today I would rather
  • Remember how clean the house was yesterday morning than make any effort to restore it to its former glory today.
  • Leave the kids (and me) in their pjs than fight with them to get dressed.
  • Enjoy whatever food I eat than worry about whether I should or should not be eating it and what its effect will be on my waistline.
  • Reread A Prayer for Owen Meany than watch Simon Birch.
  • Stay in the shower and enjoy every last drop of hot water than concern myself with water and gas bills and droughts and my responsibilities to the planet.
  • Not have to stop Addie from: forcing things onto Maggie's head until they become a hat, attempting to pick Maggie up via a ribbon looped around her neck, performing chest compressions on Maggie, and just generally doing anything that could potentially end the life of her baby sister.
  • Plan a trip to Disneyland than be responsible with my finances.
  • Listen to the hum of the rain outside, cuddled under a blanket with a good book than listen to any crying, whining or fighting.
  • Keep the TV on all day than read any books containing pictures, naked mole rats, princesses, pigeons or flies.
But, alas, the TV is off, time out is in session, and I know I'll have to get dressed sometime before I have to leave the house tonight. But I think I'm going to go ahead and enjoy the remainder of the pan of brownies wholeheartedly.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I hear ya! This is me today...with some major modifications since I only have 1 kid and 1 increasingly uncomfortable belly.

Anonymous said...

I so hear you! The only problem is I feel that way almost everyday.