Sunday, February 7, 2010

Worst Day

The day after Christmas, we left to come home. It had been a really good visit, and I knew it was time, but still, it was an awful day. I hate saying goodbye to my family. As much as I don't want to live in Utah, I would love to live closer to my family, and if it were all up to me, would make the sacrifice.

Here's Addie saying goodbye to Grandpa Geilman.

And Chloe saying goodbye to Nana.
My brother Dan came down from his in-laws to say goodbye. He came bearing Kohler's fritters and chocolate milk which just made me even more nostalgic. It kills me that I don't get to see him but once every 3 1/2 years. Growing up we often hung out together and even dated each others friends. We were both in tears we we said our goodbyes in the driveway. I sure love him.


Missy also came over to say goodbye and share some delicious stollen with me. Thanks, Joey!
As hard as it was to leave the people I love so much, I am so grateful to have them all in my life.

2 comments:

Missy said...

The picture of you and Dan makes me all teary cuz I remember the emotions!!!! Love you, Kid.

Sandy said...

I hear you on that one...